Malta Corporate Support Services Provider
We work with companies and individuals across a full spectrum of financial services. Our professionals have a deep knowledge and an extensive network. With strategic hindsight, our team helps you achieve your business goals that are in line with complex regulations.
Corporate Support Services
Business set-ups in Malta can take various forms such as a limited liability company, partnership, branch, foundation and EEIG. The Malta Companies Act allows the registration of different types of limited liability companies such as private limited liability company, private exempt company, single member company, public company and companies with variable share capital. Likewise in the case of partnership a partnership can be set-up as a partnership en nom collectif or en commandit.
Our legal team at FF International can advise clients choosing the most suitable entity to serve their specific needs and purposes.
We assist clients with the following services:
- Advisory services on corporate law in Malta
- Preparation and filing of statutory documents required by the Malta Business Registry
- Resolutions and corporate documentation
- Preparation of corporate agreements
- Preparation of shareholder agreements
- Filing of Annual returns
- Filing of Beneficial ownership (BO) forms
- Alternations to the Memorandum & Articles of Association
- Share transfers
- Mergers (including EU Mergers) and restructuring
- Share Swap and Share exchange transactions
- Increases in share capital
- Reductions in share capital
- Inbound re-domiciliation
- Outbound re-domiciliation
- Preparation and registration of relevant tax documents for corporate changes
- Registration of shareholders
- Liaison with tax authorities
Malta Company Service Providers Act
In terms of the Malta Company Service Providers Act, a Company Service Provider (“CSP”) means any natural or legal person which, by way of business, provides any of the following services to third parties:
- Formation of companies or other legal entities
- Acting or arranging for another person to act as director or secretary of a company or similar positions
- Provision of registered office and other related services
Malta Company Service Providers Licensing
Whilst not all types of corporate services are subject to licensing in Malta, Malta corporate services providers who provide any of the above services are required to apply for authorization from the Malta Financial Services Authority.
The application process for Malta corporate service providers is an exhaustive process which typically takes from six to twelve months. Shareholders and directors of a corporate service provider in Malta are required to conduct a fitness and properness test in order to ensure that the applicant has the necessary competence, integrity and solvency to provide these services.
Corporate Services – Our Expertise
Our team at FF International can assist corporate services providers in Malta with their application throughout the entire licensing process.
The directors of FF International, having themselves been involved for many years in corporate services firms have a wealth of experience can assist by providing structuring and regulatory advice, drafting of all internals rules, internal policies and procedures, liaising with the Maltese competent authorities as well as the preparation of detailed and effective Anti-Money Laundering policies and procedures.
Once the license is granted our team can also provide internal compliance audits to ensure that the Malta company service provider is compliant with the MFSA Company Service Providers Rulebook