We work with companies and individuals across a full spectrum of financial services. Our professionals have a deep knowledge and an extensive network. With strategic hindsight, our team helps you achieve your business goals that are in line with complex regulations.
Risk Compliance & AML Services
Malta adopts a stringent and complex anti money laundering legal framework. Subject persons and regulated entities operating in the financial services industry are expected by the regulatory authorities to comply with a web of high complex regulation to identify and mitigate risks associated with money laundering and the financing of terrorism.
Malta’s grey listing between June 2021 and June 2022 raised the awareness to increase the Maltese standards for anti-money laundering regulation and the application of more stringent regulations. This has also triggered the Maltese anti-money laundering authorities to become more active in their supervision to ensure that each and every subject person and company operating in the financial services industry adheres to all the laws and regulations in place.
The AML team of our firm is well positioned and experience to provide advisory services in connection with the prevention of money laundering and the financing of terrorism.
We have assisted various clients to build and /or enhance their anti-money laundering controls. Being tax advisors, our wealth of experience in this field helps us also to detect tax structures and tax strategies which are prone to higher risk of money laundering. Tax evasion is one of the most common predicate offences in money laundering.
Our AML team at FF International can assist clients with the following specialized services related to risk and compliance:
- Ongoing compliance support and advisory services
- Drafting and reviewing of AML CFT policies and procedures
- Drafting of business risk assessments
- Designing effective customer risk assessments
- Designing jurisdictional risk assessments
- Drafting of client onboarding questionnaires
- Jurisdictional risk advisory services (through our SFAI worldwide network)
- Auditing of internal policies and procedures
- Training of staff on AML requirements
- Reviewing of records and files
- Gap Analysis
- Enhanced due diligence services
- Assistance in corporate governance